Congratulations for selecting one of the best ever Xiaomi Redmi 6 phone for its great features at best price ever. It has got all new features including NEW shortcuts to take a screenshot. So in this post you will learn simple ways of How to take a screenshot on Xiaomi Redmi 6, 6A, 6 Pro, mi a2?
Xiaomi Redmi 6 series has became popular and one of the best seller as on date, power packed but lighter on pocket phones with models Redmi 6, Redmi 6A and Redmi 6 Pro which have all new ways and tricks to take a screenshot or record a screen, and like you see that each manufacturer will have his own way of differentiating their phone, here also Xiaomi shows difference.
So, in this post you will learn four different ways to take a screenshot on Redmi 6, series phones.
How to take a screenshot on Xiaomi Redmi 6, 6A and 6 Pro?
All you have to do is to press Power + Volume Down buttons simultaneously and hold for 2-3 seconds to take a screenshot of display, with a click shutter sound phone will generate a screenshot and save to gallery.
Okay, lets see different methods in details for your Redmi phones.
INDEX – Xiaomi Redmi 6, 6A, 6 Pro, mi a2
|1||Screenshot using redmi’s buttons – Using the phone buttons (traditional Android way)||Go to Topic|
|2||Take a Scrolling Screenshot on the redmi||Go to Topic|
|3||How to Use the Xiaomi Redmi 6 Screenshot three-finger Gesture – Xiaomi Redmi 6, 6A and 6 Pro||Go to Topic|
|4||Google Assistant||Go to Topic|
|5||Where do I find the completed Screenshots on Redmi?||Go to Topic|
Method 1: Using the phone buttons (traditional Android way)
Applicable models : Xiaomi Redmi 6, 6A, 6 Pro, mi a2
Like any other android phone you can use basic way of taking a screenshot using hardware buttons. Redmi 6 series phones possess ergonomically placed power and volume buttons which facilitates easy screenshot.
1) Locate the Power and Volume down buttons which are placed on the right hand side of your phone.
2) Open the screen / image / web-page you wish to take a screenshot of.
3) Simultaneously press Volume down and Power button for 2-3 seconds or till you hear camera click sound to grab a screenshot.
4) You will get a screen thumbnail as a preview in the top right corner, tap it to edit it or share it across social network (on the fly)
5) If you don’t tap it, then it goes automatically to the Gallery of phone where you can edit or share it later.
Method 2: Using gesture control – the 3 finger swipe
Sometimes it consumes time to press two buttons and specially during playing a video, you may miss perfect time to take a screenshot.
In such a case you may like to use this new method to use gesture control. Don’t worry it is not that difficult at all.
Simple use your three fingers and swipe them down across screen to generate a screenshot.
Of-course remember that before using this new technique, you need to activate the 3 finger swipe option.
Step-by-Step method to activate and use 3 finger swipe method:
1) Go to the Settings >> In the search bar, type ‘screenshot’ >>Tap on the option ‘Take a screenshot’ >> Under the head ‘Optional Gestures and Button’, select ‘Slide 3 fingers down’. And you are ready to take screenshot.
2) Practice by taking some test shots, just slide down three fingers as shown in the info-graphics on this post. Your phone will generate a screenshot of displayed screen.
3) Follow the same process, like going to the screen you want to take a snap of, may be a social app like twitter, Facebook, snap-chat or Instagram
4) Simply swipe down with three fingers to get the screenshot.
Done, with some practice it is the most simple task to do on your Xiaomi Redmi 6, 6A and 6 Pro phones.
5) Once the screenshot is taken, you will see a floating thumbnail at the top right hand corner of your screen display. Tap on it to edit it or just leave it to disappear and saved automatically to phone memory.
Method 3: Using the pull down notification panel
While your new Xiaomi phone features nice notification menu with many customization options, the same can also be used to take a screenshot easily.
1) Slide down the screen from the top of your Redmi 6 phone to get the notification panel on the screen.
2) You can see many one-touch shortcuts like WiFi, Data Connection, GPS etc. Pull this menu down till you see the screenshot icon showing a pair of scissors drawn on it.
3) Press the pair of scissors icon and the phone generates a screenshot of display.
4) Again like other methods you will see floating thumbnail at top right corner, tap it to edit and/ or share, leave it to disappear and get saved to gallery.
Method 4: Using Voice commands – the Google Assistant
Applicable models : Xiaomi Redmi 6, 6A, 6 Pro, mi a2
Again one of my most favorite method which I use many times for many functions.
Yes, once you are used to the Google Assistant, then its very easy to get many tasks done without even touching the phone! It not only opens social apps, types messages for you but also takes a screenshots and share to the social apps on the fly.
Here is how you can do it.
1) Set up the Google Assistant on your Redmi 6 first.
2) Now open the screen you wish to printscreen I mean take a snap of
3) Now all you have to do is, first wakeup using keyword, “OK Google, take a screenshot.” It will take a screenshot for you.
Only in this case Google assistant will ask if you want to save the screenshot? but not a big deal.
Where do I find the completed Screenshots on Redmi?
Yes, you have learned 4 easy and quick ways to take a screenshot on your Redmi series 6 phones.
Now what to do next?
When you take a screenshot, if you immediately tap on the displayed thumbnail, you can edit the images on the fly before sharing or using across social platforms or in your presentations.
However these options will disappear in a moment and if you miss editing or sharing, they are saved automatically to your phone’s photo gallery for further editing and sharing.
And I know you will love to learn How to Make Mobile Phone Screenshots Realistic and Beautiful – Read my guide below